- Turn the power off to the water heater which is usually in the breaker box. If it is gas turn the gas valve off.
- Turn the water supply valve off as this will stop the flow of water into your heater.
- Try to drain the water heater even though the water is shut off. The tank may continue to leak because it is usually holding 40 or more gallons of water and if the tank is cracked it will leak all 40 gallons on to the floor causing water damage so attach your hose to the bottom drain line to do this.
- Pull the relief pin up as this will allow air into the tank and help it drain faster.
- Call a local Altamonte Springs plumber to replace your water heater.
Altamonte Springs plumber. Here are some things you can do to get you through a leaking water heater emergency:We also serve Orlando, Casselberry, Lake Mary, Winter Springs , Longwood, Apopka, Maitland, Deltona, Winter Park, Oviedo, Sanford and all of Central Florida.Everything new gets old and has to be replaced eventually and most of the time as far as plumbing it always goes out late at night or on the weekend when it is hard to get a hold of an