- Water heater: As explained look at the age of the heater.
- Toilet: Look at the age and cost to repair or replace.
- Shower valve: Look at age, parts availability and cost to repair or replace.
- Faucet: Look at age, parts available and cost to repair
- Copper slab: If a leak, look at the cost and the age of the home and consider a repipe.
Orlando plumber hired and you will have to decide whether to do a plumbing repair or replace the item. The older your home the more likely that the plumbing parts will be harder to find. Some manufacturers are not around anymore and your plumber will have to track down after market parts. The problem with after market parts is it more than likely will not work as good as it once did. A good way to determine if it is better to do a plumbing repair or replacement is if you are going to spend a little less or more to repair the item than it would to replace it then it is best to just replace it. For example a water heater that is 10 years or older, if it is going to cost over two hundred dollars to repair and a little over five hundred to replace then it is best to replace it because the heater is at the end of its life cycle and could rupture costing you more in the future. Here are some things you should consider when deciding to do repair or replacement.With many older homes in Orlando and the Central Florida area there will come a time when you have an